Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Trump Radicalized me, Now I'm a Green

What I saw during the campaign was someone who stuck to his positions, no matter how outrageous they were. When I look at the Green Party Platform I see a platform I completely agree with, even if many find it completely outrageous. When Trump got elected I didn't get sad or angry, I felt ridiculously happy, what happened proved, in my mind, that anything was possible. I might not have voted for him, but there he was, winner of the majority of the electors' votes--a system which, by the way the GP hopes to change. The Green Party is the Only party that takes the values that I have seriously, maybe that's because they haven't yet had power to corrupt them, but I see something different. I don't think the GP is perfect, I honestly as someone who may have Aspberger's and tries to speak for those who have even worse symptoms of autism find Ms. Stein's pandering to anti-vaxx granola-crunchers as deplorable as the racism tolerated by the Trump campaign. I also find her Trump-like isolationism w/r/t trade and foreign policy to be utterly asinine. HOWEVER, the GP remains the Only party that takes science seriously and, even if one STILL doesn't "believe" in global warming, the GP, it seems is the only party that is capable of maintaining a thoroughgoing resistance to problems that everyone believes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment